I Accidentally Drew an Emo Chick

So i've always been fascinated by drawing. How can someone possibly replicate something so accurately from real life onto paper?

I dabbled in manga in high school but just ended up pretty much drawing the same things over and over, a copy cat if you will and less of a creator.

Inspired by a documentary i saw recently of Yves Saint Laurent's sketches, i thought i'd start sketching again myself.

Slowly but surely, trash but i mean i think it's better than the average person who doesn't know how to draw?

Reference Picture:


Drawing:


I can see now that i've messed up the proportions somewhere... I think i drew her head too big (i'm used to doing that from manga) and i think her legs too wide. Possible like the arms too short as well so although i tried to make an oversized bomber it just ended up being a regular bomber so now it looks like she doesn't have a waist... Well now we know for next time.

I decided to go for straight bangs to be edgy and when i drew the eyes in it was too edgy so i just chucked the choker on and called it a day hahaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help Yourself

Japanese Fashion

Maison Martin Margiela